Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Pros & Cons: My Educational Experience

Best educational experience is when I was in high school; we get to use our notes while we take the test. Now I know it sounds like I'm taking the easy way out, but teachers wanted us to pass their classes. I just did my job. Sometimes when I got a failing grade in my test or essay, I asked the teachers what I can do in order to improve next time. They helped me out with some great advice, and it worked really well.

The worst educational experience is when I was in high school; all the teachers would tell us that when we get to college, I wouldn't get any help from the professors. The bad part about it is that I actually believed it, and that I took it the wrong way. So I ended up studying by myself without anyone's help. Knowing the fact that I have ADHD and a side of low self-esteem, I ended up not doing well in tests and quizzes both here in UMBC, and while I was at AACC. To be honest, my test-taking strategies began to suck.

Word Count (altogether): 194

No comments:

Post a Comment