Thursday, October 7, 2010

The Power of a Local Video Game Store (Draft)

Of all the local video game stores in Maryland, there's one local store that stands out from the rest. That store is called Power Gamer, which is located in a mini-mall at Glen Burnie, Maryland. Besides buying and selling old, new, and imported video games, this is the only time you get to see a Japanese arcade cabinet in a local game store in Maryland. They can repair any scratched disks and also fix or mod any console, whether it is a old console like the Sega Dreamcast and Nintendo 64 or new consoles like Playstation 3 and the Nintendo Wii. Most of this stuff can be done online on other sites, but stores like Power Gamer are rare to have these types of features.

    Unlike GameStop, Power Gamer stays true to their consumers. For example, in every GameStop store, they have a trading game policy, meaning that you could trade games for in-store credit. If you want to know more about GameStop's policy, click on this link. Power Gamer always stay true to their trading policy. Like for example, I remember when my friend sold his Left 4 Dead 2 game over there for $40.00. That left a smile on his face!

Power Gamer lives up to its name. It is the ultimate place to go buy, sell, and trade video game products. I recommend going to this store if you're interested in video gaming or Japanese anime.

3 comments:

  1. I can certainly appreciate an independent store like this that hasn't been eaten up by GameStop yet. It's been a long time since I was able to go into a store like FuncoLand and buy old games for my Sega Genesis for two bucks a piece.

    I miss these old places that dealt in old, unusual or rare games.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a mania of Japanese game and anime! I really wanna go to that store and check it out! It is amazing that they still have dreamcast and n64!! Thanks for posting this blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good point in the power to the consumer. I would try to add more to why you like this place than the trade in policy, I did like it though.

    ReplyDelete