Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Never Give Up: The Path of a World Warrior


Street Fighter X Tekken [Capcom, Bandai Namco (2012)]
In the fighting game community, there are casual players, hardcore players, and scrubs. The casual players would play for fun, while the hardcore players would play to win and the scrubs would whine on what's cheap. These types would apply when it comes to playing Street Fighter.

For me, I am in between casual and hardcore. I was about 15 years old when I first started playing Street Fighter on a competitive level local and online. Street Fighter II': Hyper Fighting was the game. I kept on losing a lot because I had no knowledge of the game. In other words, I was classified as a scrub by other players. From Hyper Fighting to both Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix and Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike, I was classified as a scrub. But I was slightly getting better because I was watching and listening to other expert players. As Street Fighter IV came out, I entered my first tournament. Even though I lost the first round, I had fun, but at the same time, I had that "never give up" attitude in my eyes.

To this day, I've matured into how I play Street Fighter. I haven't joined any other tournaments yet, but I'm still looking. Win or lose, I have to give it my all. I've learned : Playing to win isn't always about winning; it's also about improving your skills.


Word Count: 246

No comments:

Post a Comment